Why did You make me someone the world wants to hold back ? Black is the color of dirty clothes ; the color of grimy hands and feet. Black is the color of darkness ; the color of tire-beaten streets. Why did you give me thick lips, a broad nose and kinky hair ? Why did You make me someone who receives the hatred stare ? Black is the color of a bruised eye when somebody gets hurt. Black is the color of darkness. Black is the color of dirt. How come my bone structure’s so thick ; my hips and cheeks are high ? How come my eyes are brown and not the color of the daylight sky ? Why do people think I’m useless ? How come I feel so used ? Why do some people see my skin and think I should be abused ? Lord, I just don’t understand ; What is it about my skin ? Why do some people want to hate me and not know the person within ? Black is what people are "listed", when others want to keep them away. Black is the color of shadows cast. Black is the end of the day. Lord, You know, my own people mistreat me ; and I know this just isn't right. They don’t like my hair or the way I look. They say I’m too dark or too light. Lord, Don’t You think it’s time for You to make a change ? Why don’t You re-do creation and make everyone the same ? (God answered :) Why did I make you black ? Why did I make you black ? Get off your knees and look around. Tell Me, what do you see ? I didn't make you in the image of darkness. I made you in the Likeness of ME ! I made you the color of coal from which beautiful diamonds are formed. I made you the color of oil, the black-gold that keeps people warm. I made you from the rich, dark earth that can grow the food you need. Your color’s the same as the panther’s, known for beauty and speed. Your color’s the same as the Black stallion, a majestic animal is he. I didn't make you in the Image of darkness, I made you in the Likeness of ME ! All the colors of a Heavenly Rainbow can be found throughout every nation ; And when all those colors were blended well, YOU BECAME MY GREATEST CREATION. Your hair is the texture of lamb’s wool, such a humble, little creature is he. I am the Shepherd who watches them. I am the One who will watch over thee. You are the color of midnight-sky, I put the stars’ glitter in your eyes. There’s a smile hidden behind your pain that’s the reason your cheeks are high. You are the color of dark clouds formed when I send My strongest weather. I made your lips full so when you kiss the one you love they will remember. Your stature is strong ; your bone structure, thick to withstand the burdens of time. The reflection you see in the mirror... The Image looking back at you is MINE !
Inspired by the book of Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in Our image, after Our Likeness...So God created man in His own image...male and female created He them.
An Angel says, "Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happens tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Cary a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe
36 . Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
Dear Friends, Don't take your life for granted. Cherish it. Create moments daily that you can look forward to. Living in the moment means being fully present, connected and focused on what's happening around you and through you. Here are five habits you can practice that will help you enjoy your moments more: 1. Do one thing at time. It seems multi-tasking is second nature to most of us these days. We eat, watch TV and hold a conversation simultaneously. We drive and talk on the phone. We juggle five work projects at a time. In the process, we often miss the opportunity to truly give our full attention to anything. This week, try focusing on one thing at a time and notice how productive you can be and how much more peaceful you feel.
2. Give people your full attention. Just as multi-tasking can cause you to feel disconnected from any one task, living an overdriven, overloaded lifestyle can also cause you to disconnect from the people in your life. This week, make a point of stopping er ting else you are doing to give your full attention to people when you are talking to them. Look into their eyes and listen.
3. Bask in the beauty of nature. Spring is here. Go outside! Enjoy the sunshine. Smell the flowers. Enjoy the upbeat melodies of birds chirping and leaves rustling in the breeze. Enjoying God's creation rejuvenates your mind, body and spirit.
4. Practice the art of doing nothing. One of the best ways to live in the moment is to be still. At least once er day, quiet your mind and stop racing from one activity to the next. Have a seat. Rest, relax, rejuvenate and get your chill on. Even when your body stops moving, you may find that doing nothing causes your mind to race even faster. That's OK. Keep practicing.
5. Say what you feel. Tell your loved ones you love them. Let people know when you appreciate them. Don't hold back. Be honest when you need to, even if it's not pleasant. Live in the moment by not putting off for tomorrow what needs to said today! My challenge to you is: Use these five ideas to live in the moment every day this week. Journaling assignment: What important moments am I missing because I am too busy, distracted or overloaded to enjoy them? What will I do about it in the next week?
Until next time ...
5 Habits for Living in the Moment
(``·.¸(``·.¸ ¸.·`´)¸.·`´) «´¨`·.¸¸ NURSE PAT ¸¸.·´¨`» (¸.·`´(¸.·`´ ``·.¸)``·.¸)